PER PERSON ALL INCLUSIVE*
Large grounds, vibrant crowd and herds of camel all around are the epic scene you witness when you are at the Pushkar Camel Fair. Also known as Pushkar Mela, it is one of the largest camel fairs in the world. It is an opportunity for villagers from distant and adjacent villages to assemble together and relish in the dazzling style and tones, a pleasant break from their hard living in the desert.
Mind-boggling Pushkar Camel fair photography opportunities await as you head down the dunes to Pushkar lake and fairground with Photography Tours India as your sincere guide. There will be herds of camel and a couple hundred thousand people: turbaned men, bejeweled and extravagantly draped women, kids, camels, goats and cattle, all heading in and settling in where the action is.
This Pushkar camel fair tour doesn’t stop only at the fair, though beyond Pushkar is the rest of Rajasthan and Delhi with some more surprises waiting to be discovered. From Delhi to Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur, this itinerary is designed for photographers, maximizing the photo opportunities and presenting chances to photograph the real India and its culture that you can’t get anywhere else.
Last, but not least, the Dev Diwali photography tour in Varanasi. Dev Diwali is one of the most popular festivals in Varanasi. It is celebrated on the full moon night during the Hindu month of Karthik (Karthik Purnima), after 15 days of Diwali. Thousands of visitors come to Varanasi on this day to see the city decorated in its best during the festival.
People take bath in the Ghats in the morning performing their customary rituals and, in the evening, each and every ghat decorated with lamps. It is one of the most spectacular sights of the Pushkar fair photography tour in India.
This Pushkar Camel fair and Dev Diwali Photography tour will be lead by Harsh Agarwal or Arti Agarwal. You can see some of their personal work on his website www.harshtravelphotography.com “
- 18 days journey through mysterious and incredible India
- Photo opportunities at Pushkar Camel Fair
- Visit Old Delhi and Spice market.
- Visit Taj Mahal at sunrise
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort
- Experience Indian culture and unique Indian festivals
- Explore Blue city of Jodhpur and Mehrangarh For
Highlights of your journey
ARRIVAL AT DELHI
- Arrival at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Our representative will greet and assist you to the coach.
- Transfer to your Hotel. Check-in and overnight in Delhi.
DELHI- AGRA (204 KMS/3.5 HRS)
- After breakfast, drive to Agra. On arrival, check-in Hotel
- In evening, visit Tomb of Itmad-ud-daula, known as Baby Taj. Later visit Mehtab Bagh, the famous garden overseeing the Taj Mahal located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
- Evening at leisure. You will get an opportunity to buy or hire beautiful traditional dress to make your visit to Taj mahal more memorable. Back to Hotel early to be prepared for next day.
- Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal. Our photography guide will give you all the key information and take you to all the best sites for photography to make sure your experience of visiting the Taj Mahal is as fulfilling as possible.
- Return to Hotel for breakfast. Later visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India. Spot beautiful demonstrations of Marble inlay work dispersed all around the city. Relish the ancient artistry of local artists of Agra.
- In evening, we will shoot Taj mahal at sunset from a less explored vantage point. Back to Hotel. Overnight in Agra.
* Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
- In the morning, a boat ride in Yamuna river is one of the finest ways to get the splendid view of Taj mahal at sunrise.
- After breakfast, drive to Jaipur
- On the way, visit Fatehpur Sikri – known as the abandoned capital from the Mughal Empire.
- Later visit Abhaneri. This stepwell is regarded as one of deepest and largest step wells in India.
BOAT TOUR: Please note that this Boat ride totally depend upon the water level at the river during that point of time and its totally subject to availability, weather conditions, securities rule etc. on that particular day. If Boar ride is not possible, enjoy sunrise from Mehtab Bagh
- After breakfast, the tour will start with photo stop at Hawa Mahal.. Later visit Amber Fort. Our photography guide will make sure that you capture photos from different stops and angles. Play with your creative skills with palaces as backdrops and local people in their traditional attires as elements.
- After lunch, Visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- Later visit Jantar Mantar. This UNESCO World heritage site will amaze visitors for its several astronomical and astrological tools used by researchers of ancient India.
- You can experience the carpet weaving, the block printing demonstration and the Turban wearing which plays a vital role in the Rajasthani life.
- In the evening, a warm session of Hi-Tea at Café “The Tattoo” opposite to the Hawa Mahal offers a great way to conclude the evening taking pictures of the Hawa Mahal in its full glory. Overnight in Hotel.
Jaipur –PUSHKAR (140 Kms/ 3.5 hrs)
- After early breakfast, visit the famous Milk Market. In the morning the market is almost always buzzing with milk sellers, dressed in their traditional attires – white dhotis and kurtas offering the purest milk products available anywhere!
- Continue drive to Pushkar a sacred city for Hindus. Surrounded by hills on three sides and sand dunes on the fourth, Pushkar forms a fascinating location and a befitting backdrop for the annual religious and camel fair, which you can wonderfully enjoy while embarking on the Pushkar camel fair tour.
- Upon arrival, we will check into our Swiss tents. We’ll have three days to revel in the amazing spectacle called Pushkar. Thousands of camels, horses and cattle, along with their owners, camp in the sand dunes. Trade goes on day and night and brisk deals are made animals exchanged. It is a gathering of men with large colourful turbans, women wrapped in exquisite jewellery from head to toe, and children dressed in stunning, traditional attire- great subjects for Pushkar fair photography.
- Enjoy performance from Kalbelia gypsies followed by Dinner. Overnight in camps.
- Early morning visit to fair ground for some exclusive Pushkar fair photography. Mind-boggling photo opportunities await as you head down the dunes to Pushkar lake and fairground. All in all, it makes for a photographer’s delight. Later return to camp for breakfast and rest.
- After lunch proceed to fairground again. During this time, you will also visit the Brahma temple as well as Pushkar Lake where thousands of people bath and worship every day. It gives us opportunity to capture portraits of villagers in their traditional attires. Overnight in the camp.
- Some more photo opportunities during the Pushkar camel fair tour waiting for you in the fair ground. You can capture portraits of tribal people and herds of camels gulping water from the temporary water sources. Full day exploration at fair ground. Overnight at Camp.
PUSHKAR- JODHPUR (185 Kms/ 4.5 hrs)
- Early morning visit to Fair ground. After breakfast drive to Jodhpur.
- The drive is fascinating, as you will spot hordes of local women baking dung paddies, drawing water from wells and carrying water pots. Spot women and men dressed in colourful sarees and turbans respectively working in fields hand in hand.
- On arrival, check-in Hotel. Enjoy a relaxed day in Jodhpur.
- After taking rest in the hotel, enjoy an evening walk around the old city. A leisurely stroll around the beautiful Blue City of Jodhpur is the best way to explore Jodhpur’s ancient culture and traditions. You will witness Local women selling essential home items in shacks and stalls. Overnight in Hotel.
- Sunrise walking tour to nearby hill to capture the view of Mehrangarh Fort and old city of Jodhpur. Return to Hotel.
- After breakfast, visit Mehrangarh Fort, one of the grandest forts in India and Jaswant Thada, the royal cenotaph.
- In evening, walk around Clock Tower market to capture daily life of local people. The photography guide will take you deep into the laneways and homes of Jodhpur with its maze of brightly painted blue homes. The play of light in the passage ways, the exotic architecture, colourful local dress and dramatic backdrop of the imposing Mehrangarh Fort provide an abundance of photographic opportunities.
- Enjoy the sunset view of Mehrangarh fort from the roof top restaurant of the hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
- After breakfast and checkout, drive to Deogarh. Tonight, accommodation is Deogarh Mahal-A 17th century palace now converted to a luxury heritage hotel.
- You should find the pace of Deogarh rather pleasant compared to the busy schedule of previous cities. Evening jeep safari in nearby villages.
- Overnight in Deogarh Palace.
DEOGARH- UDAIPUR (185 KMS/4.5 HRS)
- After breakfast, drive to Udaipur.
- En-route visit beautiful Jain Ranakpur Temple.
- If you are lucky, you might spot a Persian Wheel on the way- a simple yet extremely rare water lifting device which originated in Ancient Egypt.
- On arrival in Udaipur; check in to the hotel. Overnight in Udaipur
- Morning at leisure.
- After late breakfast Visit City Palace and Jagdish Temple.
- An evening boat ride at lake Pichola.
- Enjoy your dinner in a restaurant facing Lake Pichola. Overnight in Hotel
UDAIPUR –DELHI- VARANASI (FLIGHT)
- After breakfast, transfer to airport to board flight to Varanasi with a layover in Delhi.
- On arrival, check-in at Hotel. Overnight in Varanasi.
- Rise very early this morning to experience the life of this ancient city. See the beauty of the rising sun on the boat ride on the holy river Ganges.
- Experience the early morning rituals of the Hindus being performed, thousands of people taking a bath in the holy river and offering flowers and holy water to the Sun God.
- After breakfast, excursion trip to Sarnath. Explore the deer park in Sarnath where Gautama Buddha first imparted knowledge regarding Dharma and Karma.
- In the evening Old City walking tour. Walk through the oldest and most famous narrow lanes of the city, past the endless human panorama – pilgrims, worshipers, sadhus, children selling flowers and floating lights to place in the river – to arrive at the Ghats at the Ganges to witness the Aarti Ceremony which is part of the evening pooja or prayers.
- During the ceremony deepas (oil lamps) are offered to Mother Ganga with thanks and devotion for the light of the sun and for her divine light. As the fire ceremony take place, bells are rung and chanting and singing provide a fascinating, magical and spiritual conclusion to the day’s end. Overnight stay in the Hotel.
- For one day is barely enough to capture the essence of Varanasi, we make sure that our photographers get to fully experience the city’s magic by going on walking tours of the Ghats. Witness Akhadas (Mud Wrestling) and observe their wrestling styles. This Akhadas tradition goes back 5000 years in this old living City which still practice the old way of Wrestling. Return to Hotel for breakfast.
- Afternoon at leisure to be ready for action in evening.
- In evening enjoy Dev Diwali, a festival day when all the Ghats will be decorated with oil lamps. The Dev Diwali photography tour offers a sight that you will never forget, and would want to record every one of those fine moments in your camera. Overnight in Varanasi.
- Overnight in Varanasi.
VARANASI – DELHI (FLIGHT)
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport and connect flight to Delhi. Day at leisure.
- In evening, a short visit to a Sikh Temple, known as Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. You can watch (and join if you like) the langar, the voluntary group cooking and feeding program at the Gurudwara.
- Overnight in Hotel.
- After breakfast, visit the Jama Mosque, India’s largest mosque and drive through the famed Red Fort
- Explore the bustling market of Chandni Chowk. You can either take a Rickshaw Ride or walk through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi.
- Next stop is the famous Spice market – it is well known that India is famous for spices. A small walk in largest spice bazaar of Asia- this place is not only a wholesale market for spices, but is also a very popular tourist destination. To watch how spices of different colours, aroma and flavours are loaded by rusty hands, carried and unloaded – is a magical marvel in itself.
- Visit Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi memorial and Drive pass India Gate and Govt Buildings (President’s house and Secretariat Houses)
- After lunch, explore the majesty and the beauty of Qutub Minar, the tallest stone tower established by first Islamic monarchs of the country.
- After breakfast, transfer to International Airport and connect flight for onward journey.
GROUP SIZE – 4-12 participants
Price per person – 3675 USD
Single Room supplement – 1485 USD
Pride Plaza Aerocity/Similar
Deluxe Swiss Tents/ Similar
Indana Palace/ Similar
Metropolitan Hotel and Spa/ Similar
- 18 Nights’ accommodation at listed hotels or similar on a double sharing basis.
- All meals (B L D)
- Private air-conditioned vehicle during the tour
- All activities and visits specified in the itinerary
- Flight from Udaipur to Varanasi via Delhi and Varanasi to Delhi
- Boat ride in Udaipur
- Boat ride in Varanasi
- Only at Pushkar Fair: Tented Camp. Swiss tents with private attached toilets with running cold water. Hot water will be provided in the morning and evening. There will be proper beds as well as electricity in each tent
- English speaking Photography Guide cum Tour Escort
- Unlimited packaged drinking water.
- Sightseeing & Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Government Service Tax
- International Airfares
- Meals not mentioned as being included
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc.
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included.