PER PERSON ALL INCLUSIVE*
Large grounds, vibrant crowd, and herds of camels all around are the epic scene you witness when you are at the Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour. Also known as Pushkar Mela, it is one of the largest camel fairs in the world. It is an opportunity for villagers from distant and adjacent villages to assemble together and relish in the dazzling style and tones, a pleasant break from their hard living in the desert.
This Pushkar Camel fair Photo tour will be lead by Harsh Agarwal or Arti Agarwal. You can see some of their personal work on his website www.harshtravelphotography.com “
With Photography Tours in India, Mind-boggling opportunities for Pushkar camel fair photography await as you head down the dunes to Pushkar lake and fairground. There will be herds of camel and a couple of hundred-thousand people: turbaned men, bejeweled and extravagantly draped women, kids, camels, goats, and cattle, all heading in and settling in where the action is.
This Pushkar camel fair photography tour doesn’t stop only at the fair, though beyond Pushkar is the rest of Rajasthan and Delhi with some more surprises waiting to be discovered. From Delhi to Agra, Jaipur, and Jodhpur, this itinerary is designed for photographers, maximizing the Pushkar fair photography opportunities and also presenting chances to photograph the real India and its culture that you can’t get anywhere else.
Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour 2023- Nov 11- Nov 23, 2023. (Prices will be updated soon)
- 13 days journey through mysterious and incredible India in this Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour
- Great photo opportunities at Pushkar Camel Fair
- Visit Old Delhi and Spice market.
- Visit Taj Mahal at sunrise
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort
- Experience Indian culture and unique Indian festivals
- Explore Blue city of Jodhpur and Mehrangarh Fort
Highlights of your journey
ARRIVAL AT DELHI
- Arrival at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Our representative will greet and assist you to the coach.
- Transfer to your Hotel. This starts with an orientation meeting of Pushkar Camel Fair Photography Tour followed by Dinner. Check-in and overnight in Delhi
DELHI- AGRA (204 KMS/3.5 HRS)
- After breakfast, drive to Agra. On arrival, check-in Hotel
- In evening, visit Tomb of Itmad-ud-daula, known as Baby Taj. Later visit Mehtab Bagh, the famous garden overseeing the Taj Mahal located on the banks of the Yamuna River. Enjoy a magical sunset view of Taj Mahal.
- Evening at leisure. You will get an opportunity to buy or hire beautiful traditional dress to make your visit to Taj mahal more memorable. Back to Hotel early to be prepared for next day.
- Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal. Our photography guide will give you all the key information and take you to all the best sites for photography to make sure your experience of visiting the Taj Mahal is as fulfilling as possible.
- Return to Hotel for breakfast. Later visit the Agra Fort– one of the grandest forts in India. Spot beautiful demonstrations of Marble inlay work dispersed all around the city. Relish the ancient artistry of local artists of Agra.
- In evening, we will shoot Taj mahal at sunset from a less explored vantage point. Back to Hotel. Overnight in Agra.
* Taj Mahal is closed on Friday
AGRA-JAIPUR VIA FATEHPUR SIKRI (237 KMS/ 5 HRS)
- In the morning, a boat ride in Yamuna river is one of the finest ways to get the splendid view of Taj Mahal at sunrise.
- After breakfast, drive to Jaipur
- On the way, visit Fatehpur Sikri – known as the abandoned capital from the Mughal Empire.
- Later visit Abhaneri. This stepwell is regarded as one of deepest and largest step wells in India.
- On arrival in Jaipur, check in the hotel.
- Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant while being entertained by local folk dancers. Overnight in Hotel.
BOAT TOUR: Please note that this Boat ride totally depend upon the water level at the river during that point of time and its totally subject to availability, weather conditions, securities rule etc. on that particular day. If Boar ride is not possible, enjoy sunrise from Mehtab Bagh
JAIPUR- THE PINK CITY
- After breakfast, the tour will start with photo stop at Hawa Mahal. Later visit Amber Fort. Our photography guide will make sure that you capture photos from different stops and angles. Play with your creative skills with palaces as backdrops and local people in their traditional attires as elements.
- After lunch, Visit the principal residence of Jaipur’s present ruling family, the City Palace.
- Later visit Jantar Mantar. This UNESCO World heritage site will amaze visitors for its several astronomical and astrological tools used by researchers of ancient India.
- You can experience the carpet weaving, the block printing demonstration and the Turban wearing which plays a vital role in the Rajasthani life.
- In the evening, a warm session of Hi-Tea at Café “The Tattoo” opposite to the Hawa Mahal offers a great way to conclude the evening taking pictures of the Hawa Mahal in its full glory. Overnight in Hotel.
Jaipur –PUSHKAR (140 Kms/ 3.5 hrs)
- After early breakfast, visit the famous Milk Market. In the morning the market is almost always buzzing with milk sellers, dressed in their traditional attires – white dhotis and kurtas offering the purest milk products available anywhere!
- Continue to drive to Pushkar a sacred city for Hindus. Surrounded by hills on three sides and sand dunes on the fourth, Pushkar forms a fascinating location and a befitting backdrop for the annual religious and camel fair, which you can wonderfully enjoy while embarking on the Pushkar camel fair photography tour.
- Upon arrival, we will check into our Swiss tents. We’ll have three days to revel in the amazing spectacle called Pushkar. Thousands of camels, horses, and cattle, along with their owners, camp in the sand dunes. The trade goes on day and night and brisk deals are made with animals exchanged. It is a gathering of men with large colorful turbans, women wrapped in exquisite jewelry from head to toe, and children dressed in stunning, traditional attire- great subjects for Pushkar fair photography Tour.
- Enjoy the performance from Kalbelia gypsies followed by Dinner. Overnight in camps.
- Early morning visit to fair ground for some exclusive Pushkar fair photography. Mind-boggling photo opportunities await as you head down the dunes to Pushkar lake and fairground. All in all, it makes for a photographer’s delight. Later return to camp for breakfast and rest.
- After lunch proceed to fairground again. During this time, you will also visit the Brahma temple as well as Pushkar Lake where thousands of people bath and worship every day. It gives us opportunity to capture portraits of villagers in their traditional attires. Overnight in the camp.
- Some more photo opportunities during the Pushkar camel fair tour waiting for you in the fair ground. You can capture portraits of tribal people and herds of camels gulping water from the temporary water sources. Full day exploration at fair ground. Overnight at Camp.
PUSHKAR- JODHPUR (185 Kms/ 4.5 hrs)
- Early morning visit to Fair ground. After breakfast drive to Jodhpur.
- The drive is fascinating, as you will spot hordes of local women baking dung paddies, drawing water from wells and carrying water pots. Spot women and men dressed in colourful sarees and turbans respectively working in fields hand in hand.
- On arrival, check-in Hotel. Enjoy a relaxed day in Jodhpur.
- After taking rest in the hotel, enjoy an evening walk around the old city. A leisurely stroll around the beautiful Blue City of Jodhpur is the best way to explore Jodhpur’s ancient culture and traditions. You will witness Local women selling essential home items in shacks and stalls. Overnight in Hotel.
- Sunrise walking tour to a nearby hill to capture the view of Mehrangarh Fort and the old city of Jodhpur is also a significant part of the Pushkar camel fair photography tour. Return to Hotel for breakfast.
- Later visit Mehrangarh Fort, one of the grandest forts in India and Jaswant Thada, the royal cenotaph.
- In evening, walk around Clock Tower market to capture daily life of local people. The photography guide will take you deep into the laneways and homes of Jodhpur with its maze of brightly painted blue homes. The play of light in the passage ways, the exotic architecture, colorful local dress and dramatic backdrop of the imposing Mehrangarh Fort provide an abundance of photographic opportunities.
- Enjoy the sunset view of Mehrangarh Fort from the roof top restaurant of the hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
JODHPUR - DELHI (FLIGHT)
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport and connect flight to Delhi. Day at leisure.
- In evening, a short visit to a Sikh Temple, known as Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. You can watch (and join if you like) the langar, the voluntary group cooking and feeding program at the Gurudwara.
- Overnight in Hotel
- After breakfast, visit the Jama Mosque, India’s largest mosque and drive through the famed Red Fort
- Explore the bustling market of Chandni Chowk. You can either take a Rickshaw Ride or walk through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi.
- Next stop is the famous Spice market – it is well known that India is famous for spices. A small walk in largest spice bazaar of Asia- this place is not only a wholesale market for spices, but is also a very popular tourist destination. To watch how spices of different colours, aroma and flavours are loaded by rusty hands, carried and unloaded – is a magical marvel in itself.
- Visit Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi memorial and Drive pass India Gate and Govt Buildings (President’s house and Secretariat Houses)
- After lunch, explore the majesty and the beauty of Qutub Minar, the tallest stone tower established by first Islamic monarchs of the country.
- After breakfast, transfer to International Airport and connect flight for onward journey.
GROUP SIZE – 4-12 participants
Price per person – 2475 USD
Single Room supplement – 975 USD
Pride Plaza Aerocity/Similar
Deluxe Swiss Tents/ Similar
Metropolitan Hotel and Spa/ Similar
- 12 Nights’ accommodation at listed hotels or similar
- All meals (B L D)
- Private airconditioned vehicle during the tour
- All activities and visits specified in the itinerary
- Flight from Jodhpur to Delhi
- Only at Pushkar Fair: Tented Camp. Swiss tents with private attached toilets with running cold water. Hot water will be provided in the morning and evening. There will be proper beds as well as electricity in each tent
- English speaking Photography Guide cum Tour Escort
- Unlimited packaged drinking water
- Sightseeing & Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meals not mentioned as being included
- Personal extras, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc
- Tips & gratuities to porters, drivers and Guide.
- Visa fees, Airport taxes, Camera/Video fees
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Any other item not mentioned as included